Three types of automation reduce processes’ lengths and costs
Three types of automation carry the same primary benefits for businesses in any industry. You can go over Attended automation, Unattended automation, or Hybrid RPA to substitute humans doing repetitive tasks.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) takes over the responsibilities bringing a reduction of costs, more efficiency and a better work environment, to mention the main benefits.
With a significant number of advantages is easy to understand why RPA has become one of the biggest tech trends in 2022.
According to Gartner, there are significant improvements when applying automation in business. Therefore, companies are evolving to make a change.
Main changes when automating, according to Gartner
- In 2025, 95% of new digital initiatives will be based on cloud-based platforms.
- For 2024 Total Cost of Operation (TCO) will improve in 40X because of savings related to hyper automation.
- At least 60% of the main companies worldwide will take advantage of the complete RPA experience to improve clients’ and employees’ experience for 2026.
Taking the previous statistics into account is the perfect excuse to understand more about the three types of automation. They have in common that they will allow repetitive tasks to be handled by “digital workers” instead of humans.
Attended automation consists of bots that reside on the user’s machine. The user activates them with an automation code that will be more effective. For example, the bot will complete the needed operations instead of having a human go over several continuous steps. One example is launching all the user names and passwords for a new employee as part of the onboarding process.
Every task completes in the background. The cloud and data processing are vital for this kind of automation, bringing benefits mainly to back-office employees. It works with specified intervals, for example, when several systems are booted to complete one task.
Hybrid RPA combines Attended and Unattended automation for back and front office activities. The payroll process is an example of this kind of automation, something that happens regularly in the background but requires a user to start it.
Automating with one of our allies
In CRG, we believe in potentiating business, and automation is the best way of allowing employees to work in a more prosperous environment and deliver a better customer experience. We’ve worked next to Automation Anywhere for several of our clients from the banking industry, retail, health, and education.
During a webinar between CRG and Automation Anywhere, María Andrea Martínez, from Automation Anywhere, explained how RPA brings the perfect solution for transforming the workforce.
It has been beneficial in the circumstances such as the scarce of employees, massive resignations, and changes in the demographics of the workforce
“Software bots are designed to take care of everyday areas in various departments. They’ve become significant to bring in ROI, reducing errors, adding information analysis and client’s satisfaction”.
Martínez shares some basics related to the processes offered by Automation Anywhere:
- Automation includes connectivity among different platforms, allowing complementary tasks to interact throughout the process. Process intelligence, discovery and data exchange are part of the operation.
- Automation can complete essential IT, Operations, HR, Finance, Support, Product, Sales, or Marketing tasks in 50% or 60% less time than when they are not automated. More complicated processes might reduce times from 30 to 5 days.
- Automation occurs in a codeless interface on the web to make it easy usage even for people without technical knowledge.
The three types of automation are attractive to at least 95% of companies that believe that automation will be essential in their transformation strategies, according to 2022 Now & Next Report. Furthermore, regarding budget, for the following 12 months, 77% of the companies will invest more than 25% in automation.
In the meantime, automation will keep growing. In CRG, we feel confident in our offer of automation with the help of partners like Automation Anywhere in various processes for business, such as Contact Center. Look for their other solutions to understand which of them fits you better.